Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Imaginesim WSSS Changi International Airport!

Hello Imaginesim has posted a bunch of shots for wsss go check them out! they look great! coming this weekend! let me know what you think of the screenshots.http://www.imaginesim.com/wsss01.htm

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hello Imaginesim has posted a bunch of shots for wsss go check them out! they look great! coming this weekend! let me know what you think of the screenshots.http://www.imaginesim.com/wsss01.htm
I think they're terrific! Finally a good rendition of Changi airport! I'll be getting this one as soon as it comes out. There is more, AES 2.07 already supports WSSS, so we're all set. :( Regards,Jure

Also looking forward very much to the new Singapore from Imagine, I have at the moment The Very Singapore from Samsoft.This scenery takes a long time to load and have problems with CTD's when flying with a Sia aircraft.But I hope that I do not lose the city surrounding the airport, although I am not sure this causes my problems.Just tried to check the Samsoftpub website but got an infected site warning and that the site was blocked!!Have many airports from Imagine and have never been disappointed, also they answer support e-mails very fast.

Anyone know where I can get good city scenery? Or is there only the Singapore 2004 thing? Is this good?Cheers
There's a package called "The Very Singapore" offered on Simflight. It's the best option you can get for the full city/country of Singapore (it's decent enough I guess). The trick will be shutting down the airport that's included with the package and inserting Imaginesim's offering. I'll be watching with great interest as to how some will get this done. I plan on buying this scenery albeit not on my radar at this time. I could easily make the merge happen and post it to you guys but I'm not getting this package at this time. I hardly fly there so there's not much incentive to get it yet. I have many airports in this region so I diffidently will get it the next time I do cargo runs in my CLS 742F. I suggest people dive into the "The Very Singapore" package as these two add-ons together will give you an outstanding rendition of this area hands down.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

There's a package called "The Very Singapore" offered on Simflight. It's the best option you can get for the full city/country of Singapore (it's decent enough I guess). The trick will be shutting down the airport that's included with the package and inserting Imaginesim's offering. I'll be watching with great interest as to how some will get this done. I plan on buying this scenery albeit not on my radar at this time. I could easily make the merge happen and post it to you guys but I'm not getting this package at this time. I hardly fly there so there's not much incentive to get it yet. I have many airports in this region so I diffidently will get it the next time I do cargo runs in my CLS 742F. I suggest people dive into the "The Very Singapore" package as these two add-ons together will give you an outstanding rendition of this area hands down.
I had the "The Very Singapore" installed but kept getting CTDs when I flew out of the area. And it has a great impact on the frames. I don't think my computer can handle the scenery. I have currently joined Singapore Airlines virtual so will be doing flights outa here I guess.

This looks very nice ! Looking forward to the FSX version.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I had the "The Very Singapore" installed but kept getting CTDs when I flew out of the area. And it has a great impact on the frames. I don't think my computer can handle the scenery. I have currently joined Singapore Airlines virtual so will be doing flights outa here I guess.
Interesting... Computers made in the last couple of years shouldn't have a problem with this scenery. :( Your computer isn't older than 2-3 years is it?

FS2020 

Interesting... Computers made in the last couple of years shouldn't have a problem with this scenery. :( Your computer isn't older than 2-3 years is it?
It was made in 2004 if I remember correctly:Pentium 4 3Ghz (i think)1Gb RAM180-200GB Hard Drive1GB Graphics Card

It was made in 2004 if I remember correctly:Pentium 4 3Ghz (i think)1Gb RAM180-200GB Hard Drive1GB Graphics Card
Yep, your going to have trouble. Rigs created just a year and a half after yours were the generation that began having no issue whatsoever running FS9 and any add-on thrown at it. It goes without saying the performance a new rig today for $1500 would give you in both sims (FS9 or FSX)...

FS2020 

Downloaded Imagine WSSS from it's own Flight 1 site, It is a great improvement from the Samsoft, which despite CTD's has a great city scenery of Singapore.Also have a PC from about 6 years ago. had a couple of CTD's probably due to the SAMSOFT Very Singapore. Have now deleted this from the scenery library and up-to-now everything seems to working fine .Maybe I will have to add aircraft due to increased number of gates.Once again Imagine great job , thanks to all your team.I do miss the city from Samsoft, maybe an add-on up-grade in the near future ?

Downloaded Imagine WSSS from it's own Flight 1 site, It is a great improvement from the Samsoft, which despite CTD's has a great city scenery of Singapore.Also have a PC from about 6 years ago. had a couple of CTD's probably due to the SAMSOFT Very Singapore. Have now deleted this from the scenery library and up-to-now everything seems to working fine .Maybe I will have to add aircraft due to increased number of gates.Once again Imagine great job , thanks to all your team.I do miss the city from Samsoft, maybe an add-on up-grade in the near future ?
Remove the airport files and leave everything else there in the scenery folder (Concerning the Samsoft scenery. It was most likely the airport scenery causing the problem anyway). You can have the city and Imagainesim's airport, you just have to know what .bgl's to exclude. :(

FS2020 

Thanks for your suggestion.Has anyone with both sceneries found an easy way to find which files to delete as the city and airport scenery bgl's are situated in the same map.

I pulled out my old The Very Singapore and added it to my NEW WSSS by Imaginesim.I went through and identified these 21 files associated with the airport and removed them. Yes, most were self-explanatory, but several weren't. I added my modified TVS below the WSSS LC. So, I have in this order: WSSS Scenery, LC, and then TVS. It works well on my system with no problems, day and/or night. Having been to Singapore several times, it was neat seeing the city and airport together in FS2004. At least now when I visit Singapore I can do so at 4X, 8X, and 16X speed. No more long and painful flights from Tokyo or Sydney :( Here are the files I removed:AF2_WSSS.bglaptcargo.BGLapthouse.BGLchangi-fix.bglchangi-gate.bglChangiLIB.bglchangi-LWM.bglchangi-new-term.BGLchangi-VTP.bglfreight.BGLgate1b-sml.BGLgate1c-sml.BGLgate1-sml.BGLmisc.bgltaxisign.BGLtuas.BGLwsss-apt.bglwsss-car.bglwsss-edge.bglWSSSrw.bglwsss-way.bglMike Franks

Mike Franks

Hi Mike, What do you mean in the first sentence of pulling out TVS and adding it to the Imagine WSSS.The rest I carried out as explained, removing the files and then adding the modified TVS to the Scenery Library under the WSSS LC from Imagine.When I ticked in WSSS it loaded 100% but all I got was a black screen and after about a minute a "This programme is not responding" message. Have removed the modified TVS.Any idea what went wrong?