Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

uiautomationcore.dll

Guest bratonabike

hi guysnow i know most of you know that the uiautomationcore.dll file is the key to stop FSX freezing up, but i just need some help of where to put it and stuff. any ideas guys?cheers

Hi,The file goes in your FSX main directory.Also keep in mind the UIAutomationCore.dll file exists in your Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64 sub directories. I would rename the files located in your Windows sub folders to something like "UIAutomationCore.bak". Keep in mind I have a 64 bit OS, you may not have a SysWOW64 folder. This folder may not exist in a 32 bit system.You cannot erase and/or rename these files unless you take ownership of them, below is a C/P of another post that may help youThere is a much easier way to take ownership and delete/rename these files.============================================Right Mouse Click on the file and select propertiesGo to securitySelect your group or user namePress editSelect your group or user nameNow give yourself full controlPress apply and OK============================================Side effects-------------------There is only one reported side effect with this solution:"If you exit FSX completely while in flight your windows desktop may become dysfunctional and you will have to restart your computer. If you first end your flight and then exit FSX you should have no problem." I have not seen this problem, but don't be surprised if it happens to you.Personally I do not like deleting Windows System files, In this case I would just rename them with a bak extension.Link to UIAutomationCore.dll: http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wNOTE: You will not have this UIAutomationCore.dll file in your FSX directory unless you put it there, so don't worry if you do not see it.

hi guysnow i know most of you know that the uiautomationcore.dll file is the key to stop FSX freezing up, but i just need some help of where to put it and stuff. any ideas guys?cheers

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest bratonabike
Hi,The file goes in your FSX main directory.Also keep in mind the UIAutomationCore.dll file exists in your Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64 sub directories. I would rename the files located in your Windows sub folders to something like "UIAutomationCore.bak". Keep in mind I have a 64 bit OS, you may not have a SysWOW64 folder. This folder may not exist in a 32 bit system.You cannot erase and/or rename these files unless you take ownership of them, below is a C/P of another post that may help youThere is a much easier way to take ownership and delete/rename these files.============================================Right Mouse Click on the file and select propertiesGo to securitySelect your group or user namePress editSelect your group or user nameNow give yourself full controlPress apply and OK============================================Side effects-------------------There is only one reported side effect with this solution:"If you exit FSX completely while in flight your windows desktop may become dysfunctional and you will have to restart your computer. If you first end your flight and then exit FSX you should have no problem." I have not seen this problem, but don't be surprised if it happens to you.Personally I do not like deleting Windows System files, In this case I would just rename them with a bak extension.Link to UIAutomationCore.dll: http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wNOTE: You will not have this UIAutomationCore.dll file in your FSX directory unless you put it there, so don't worry if you do not see it.
thankyou for your help, ill give it a try. is it not ideal todo this while the sim is running?

Hi,Make the changes with FSX not running.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest bratonabike
Hi,Make the changes with FSX not running.
okey dokey, cheers :(

okey dokey, cheers :(
Hi Mike,Long time no see. If the UIAutomationCore.dll file is placed in the FSX root file do the others located in the system32 have to be renamed or deleted? If so, then I have a further problem, as follows:I tried to change the name to UIAutomationCore.dll to UIAutomationCore.bak in the Systems 32 file but it would not let me either change the name or change the security settings as you suggested. It says that TrustedInstaller must give permission.I thought I had given myself all these permissions before. I am stumped as to how to change it. What happens if I leave the other (non FSX) dll's in place with the same name? Any suggestions?Stephen

Just to ask, why are people renaming the original .dll?As far as I am aware FSX will call this file locally if in the .exe directory, and therefore not look to load the the file from system directories. It works for me

Craig Sells

Mike,I worked out the permission change of name thing and have changed the dll's to bak. Is this a necessary step though, as I am really unconfortable changing anything in my System32 file. It's done though.Stephen

Stephen,I have never needed to rename the uiautomationcore.dll in any system files. I extract the file to FSX folder, then FSX will call that file from there. I have always used it in this way.If you rename the file it then becomes unavailable to any other app.just my 2cents...

Craig Sells

I have never needed to rename the uiautomationcore.dll in any system files. I extract the file to FSX folder, then FSX will call that file from there. I have always used it in this way.If you rename the file it then becomes unavailable to any other app.
Fully correct: FSX will look for the first instance of the dll - which you should have placed in the FSX root folder. This default MS action negates the need for any changes to any other dll. 2 cents change.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just to ask, why are people renaming the original .dll?As far as I am aware FSX will call this file locally if in the .exe directory, and therefore not look to load the the file from system directories. It works for me
This is correct - FSX.exe looks for dlls first in its own folder, then in the Windows system folders. You do not need to touch the version of the files that are in the Windows system folder.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

One thing that has happened after I changed the dll's to bak in System 32, FPS Limiter will no longer start FSX. I created a new BAT file to make certain, but its a no go. As a result by running unlimited or setting a limit in FSX the performance is less smooth. I wonder what else is affected, or if having the dll is worth it. I had it in the FSX root file before now, so the only difference in my system is the change of names in System 32 and sysWOW64.Stephen

Hi,I only use my system for FSX, so I'm not running the risk of an outside program needing the UIAutomationCore.dll file that's in Windows. That's the only reason I renamed these two files.If your not running a dedicated FSX system, I would not rename these two files.

Guest bratonabike
it worked for me too, i can stil run lets say vegas, and itunes while also running FSX

You won't have to change anything about your precious dlls if you just set up the fsx.exe in Win Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility mode via right clicking it. This should cure every menu crash and all other things usually cured with the changed dlls.Looks easier and more reliable to me. Maybe you give it a try