Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

AirSimmer A320 Basic Edition Update 1.2

This is the first item on the list on the Airsimmer site:"1. Many arts of CTD."I didnt read the rest of the list cos the beginning was so unpromising.But to be fair, I do hope they can get it right. I believe they thought they could pull it off when they started, but they werent honest with themselves or their customers when they realized they couldnt.I refunded my Basic but would buy an Advanced if they got it right. I hope to hear good news from customers who run this upgrade.

I know what CTD is. I dont know what "Many arts of CTD" is.Please dont tell me theyve invented new ways of getting a CTD! Thats not the news I want from this upgrade.

Thanks MDMAX! :( in update is always good news hopfully it will fix some of issues for alot of users. the many Many arts, thing is probably a typo lol. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This is the first item on the list on the Airsimmer site:"1. Many arts of CTD."I didnt read the rest of the list cos the beginning was so unpromising.But to be fair, I do hope they can get it right. I believe they thought they could pull it off when they started, but they werent honest with themselves or their customers when they realized they couldnt.I refunded my Basic but would buy an Advanced if they got it right. I hope to hear good news from customers who run this upgrade.
You'll be pleased to know they've bug-fixed the announcement, it now reads, "1. Many CTD fixes" ;)

Does the update do the trick anyone?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Just flew from Bahrain to Qatar performed a CATIII Autoland without issues, did a quick turnaround flew back to Bahrain switched of the automatics and flew the last 3000ft very nice to fly, dont really make a big deal about the smaller details but the sounds are so damn good, I've flown jumpseat many times on the A320.It's no LVLD or PMDG but I really like it. Only issue I had was ENG1 Nac temp read 0 degrees celsius throughout the trip. So good job!Regards

Rob Prest

Rob,A few questions...Did they fix the memory leak? I remember it being really bad...Is the FDE still making it fly like an F-16?Can you use the default flightplanner? If they fixed all of this stuff, I would be happy to buy it. Thanks

Danny

Rob,A few questions...Did they fix the memory leak? I remember it being really bad...Is the FDE still making it fly like an F-16?Can you use the default flightplanner? If they fixed all of this stuff, I would be happy to buy it. Thanks
I never had a memory issue with the first version. :( As far as flying like an "F-16", the rollrate and accleration were a little fast, but saying it was like an F-16 is a little much. lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hey Danny,I'm enroute on Vatsim from EGKK to LOWI so far no issues regarding the sim getting slower but I have a fairly powerfull system, I've never taken it above 3000ft before or flown more then 30mins so was not aware of memory leaks.Not sure what you mean by fly like a F16? all my flights have been at MTOW and it behaves as I would expect, I have flown a LVLD A330 sim but not the A320. Even at MTOW a A320 is considered very overpowered in the real world. Regarding the flightplanner, I have punched in all my routes by hand, not sure if you can import flightplans direct from FS.Think I should make a few points clear to anyone thinking of purchasing.While it's great fun to fly and very stable for me this would not be my main FS aircraft. Basics like EFOB, Perf pages, accurate FLEX etc dont exist but they did say it was a Basic model, however I have to say I have had a big smile on my face flying it today.So don't buy this if your planning on making it your no1 aircraft and your a hardcore simmer, but you do get the 30 day money back offer from flight1 so I would say give it a go

Rob Prest

Here we go again, let's see what's fixed... :(EDIT: I just loaded this bird up to a cold dark cockpit. Tying to find out if there was some kind of ground power option as the battery switch doesn't work in the VC, I hit Shift-3 and got a CTD. Back to the hanger for this thing...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2D panel is not loading on my end. I have it set to load wide screen and it's not showing up. That's most likely why everything else wouldn't work. Awaiting to see how others are coming along with this update. I don't have time to play with it.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2D panel is not loading on my end. I have it set to load wide screen and it's not showing up. That's most likely why everything else wouldn't work. Awaiting to see how others are coming along with this update. I don't have time to play with it.
Dude trust me somethings screwed up on your end, ground power is connected through the FMC. Seriously, I replied to give a unbiased review of how the 'patch' is working. If you have issues with your install ask over on the tech forum. Lets discuss what the patch has fixed or not fixed...

Rob Prest

The FPS is still crazy up and down out of all my complex add ons. So that in it self makes enjoying this AC not so enjoyable. I also think the Autopilot is still flaky as before. I never had any CTD's from the beginning. Other than that, I don't notice any difference with this new update. I wish they would FIX THE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM. My system handles everything fine except this aircraft.Warm regards, Jeff