Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

FS2004 dll errors

Guest B737YYC

I have just performed a clean full install of FS2004 with no deviations from the default settings. When I try to run the game I get the following error message."Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue to use Flight Simulator but the aorcraft or software will be disabled.File: acontain.dll"This message repeats for ALL of the following dllsAI_play.dllatc.dllcontrols.dllFacilities.dllFE.dllflight.dllFSUI.dllg2d.dllg3d.dllinstructor.dllmain.dllmultiplayer.dllsound.dllsymmap.dllterrain.dlltraffic.dllAfter all the error messages the splash screen disappears and the game will not start. All these dlls are present in the "modules" folder.Any help would be appreciated

Guest allcott

I think that must be a corrupt install. They are all `official` MS files, so to get that message the computer cannot be reading them correctly. Delete FS and reinstall again, but this time make sure the folder itself is removed after uninstallation.Allcott

Guest B737YYC

>I think that must be a corrupt install. They are all>`official` MS files, so to get that message the computer>cannot be reading them correctly. >>Delete FS and reinstall again, but this time make sure the>folder itself is removed after uninstallation.>>>>AllcottThat was my thought too so I did uninstall, delete the directory, clean out the registry, reboot several times and then try to reinstall all to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and it is really starting to annoy me. These all seem to be essential startup files which are present but for some reason FS cannot see or read them.please help!!!

Guest B737YYC

>>I occasionally get the error AI_playr.dll, I think it may be a>rouge AI plane I downloaded somewhere, nobody seems to know>about this one as I have never had a reply to previous posts.>>Anthony...>>>>>http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-customer.jpgThanks Anthony but I cannot even get the game to start and am getting 18 error messages on start up. I could live with the odd crash but this is crazy.

Guest B737YYC

Come on guys someone has got to have seen this before.....pleeeeez:-bang :-hang