Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FSX BLURRIES ............ I can do no more!

Guest RichardL

I have tried every possible solution, except a complete re-install of everything, to cure blurry FSX textures.Asus P5E MotherboardQ6600 processor4 Gig DDR2 PC8500 Memory2 Hardrives, one for Vista64 and one for FSX programs8800GT OC2 512Mb VideocardFSX w/ Sp2O&O Defrag by Complete/NameCurrent drivers on everything that has driversAssundry FSX.cfg tweaksNothing has helped. Doing a hard bank and looking straight down, I can see the texture files popping into place, giving a crisp image. Then as the plane rotates around, the images go back to blurry again.The GEX textures look fantastic while at highest resolution but that only lasts for a short period of time.I give up! I can do no more! Apparently FSX is what it is.Richard

Richard----you are correct! "It is what it is". I have come to that conclusion after doing what you have done. I have followed Sam and Nick's advice on a new computer dedicated to FSX and the set up of XP.I just purchased GEX, UTX, and FS Genesis. I must have spent 1000 hours or more tweaking. None of the above have eliminated the popping, blurry, stuttering autogen and textures (and I do not have the sliders far right).I now have about $9,000 in dedicated high-end FS equipment, and I have come to the conclusion, as you have, FSX is just a flawed product. Very, very frustrating. I only fly the heavies between major airports and that's where FSX is at it's worst. I can only hope that FSnext performs better on my *new* system, because I can not spend another $3k on this game! I would spend $300-500 on a properly finished FS however.Bruce Scott * eVGA 132-CK-NF78 780i SLI Motherboard * Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 STEPPING Overclocked at 3.6Ghz* GeForce 8800ULTRA 768MB * 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 1000 * Western Digital Caviar 500GB HDD* Western Digital Raptor 150GB HDD* CoolerMaster 850W Power Supply* Windows XP Pro

My sympathies go out to you. With the machine specs given you should be getting good results with FSX as many people are. As we are all running the same FSX code and either XP or Vista then your must look to the culprit of your poor performance being something other than FSX, hardware or the OS. As no one but the owner knows what else is loaded and how on their own machine, there is little help or advice that can be given from this forum. Perhaps you could try some personalised professional help, these services have been mentioned many times on this forum.I have:XP HomeIntel E8500 @ 3.14GHZGeforce 8800 GTX2GB DDR3 1333An inexpensive Asus P5KC Mobo.3 Sata II HDDsI lock my framerates at 35 which are maintained unless I do something untoward like fly low over O'hare but then most of my sliders are turn up to near the maximum. So most of the forum members will extend then sympathies and can appreciate your frustration. However, firing bullets at FSX is misguided because many using the same product are getting satisfactory results. Until you accept that FSX your hardware and your OS can produce good results you are unlikely to find the answer to your problem.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

As John (yellowjack) says, I feel bad for you, because with your hardware, you should NOT be having the blurries. I can tell you, that with the hardware I have (specs in sig), I don't have blurries in the situation you describe. The only way I can make my sys have blurries would be to slew at a high rate of speed, 100's of miles. Normal flying, it does not.I am sure that FS-GS could solve it for you; there is no need to cast blame at FSX, not with your hardware.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest cbuchner1

hmm ever tried a LASIK?sorry guys - it's a lame joke but I couldn't resist.

Hey, you might have something there!! If the guys who think they're getting great FSX performance had their eyesight improved--- they may think otherwise!! Good one!Actually, I would dearly love to witness, in person, the actual performance that Rhett, John, Sam, Nick and a dozen others are getting. I see some pretty incredible screen shots now and then, but they are always with a GA aircraft at about 6-7000 ft or so. and I don't know if the game is paused for the textures to catch up.? I would like to see the big jets taxiing and taking off from LGA with moderate to high settings and 15% WOAI commercial traffic (no airport vehicles or car traffic).I do, in deed, love FSX and I play it daily. I can not go back to FS9. But-----it is what it is!Bruce

I just got a new machine as described below and fired up FSX for the first time. I have done nothing to stop the blurries. But they are pretty bad, I must say. But I can live with them So, given all the many good things about the sim, I just ignore them. In the back of my mind, I'm just hanging in there for a fix however.To me they are the worst on interstates, just even a little ways ahead.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 500, 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors

Guest RichardL

My concern is not with performance (FPS), but with the image.If I move the FPS slider to Unlimited, I'm turely amazed at the number I see. Usualy well over 100 fps. Even stays near my locked setting of 60 (same as the LCD monitor display HZ) with 60% WOAI.I have read many good reports from those who paid to have their system optimized for FSX. But as I said, that would involve a complete re-install of FSX.What could be the reason for the higher resolution textures not loading? How could this be on a system dedicated to FSX?A system with:No other programs installed. A 64 bit OS on one 250GB drive and FSX on the second 250GB drive.3GB/s SATA hard drive interfaceNo 4 GB Ram limitation and 4 GB Ram installed.A quad core processor which does utilize the other cores in FSX.A PCI-E 2.0 16x video card slot with 8800GT 512mb card. 1333 FSB motherboard.What could be the problem? Richard

Guest fsxmissionguy

Things you haven't addressed:1) Hard drive space2) Hard drive speed3) Anti-virus configuration4) # of other processes simultaneously running5) Addons installedIt could be any number of bottlenecks. It could also be not the "blurries" but some other setting mis-configured. Can you post a screenshot along with a copy of your settings .cfg file?It's not possible to troubleshoot these issues without seeing BOTH a screenshot and having a copy of the affected machines settings configuration file.

Guest PPSFA

You have got this far, spend a few more bucks at www.fs-gs.comYou have to see it to believe it :-)XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

Guest RichardL

Hard Drive: Seagate Barricuda 7200.10 250GB 7200rpm 16MB Sata 3.0GB/sHard drive space: OS Hard Drive: 250GB with 62GB used FSX Hard Drive: 250GB with 32 GB usedAnti virus: MS Vista64 Only. Nothing else.Processes running: 19Addons Installed: FS Genesis FSX Mesh and Landclass, GEX, WOAI, Reality XP GNS 530 WAAS GPS, VOXATC-FSXBlurry textures are visible flying the UltraLight and without RXP GPS or VoxAtc running. No Autogen, Water 1x, other sliders a little above mid range.Will be a bit before I can get to the screen shot and settingd .cfg.Richard

Guest JIMJAM

I hear ya.Even though I have ALOT of $$$$ in machine and payware invested in FSX, I have had ENOUGH.I bought a PS3 to run my FPS shooters and racing games and my rig is dedicated to FSX.Amd,Intel,Nvidia,ATI,defrag,Nick's bible,I cannot along with ALOT of other solve certain problems. In my case aa/af issues. If not that then something else will pop up.IMO 3/4 of these "tweaks" are snakeoil. You cannot tame FSX and kill it with high end tech and throwing $$ at it so you are basically running around in circles.And NO. I do not consider reinstalling my OS a option everytime FSX acts up.I just bought a new plane to enjoy over the holiday weekend.Even with all the must have addons, looking out and seeing jagged runways,wavy terrain textures at distance,the occassional stutters and looking up and seeing 12 fps on a 5 grand hand built rig is SAD.Yeah start turning settings down and off and you know what you have? FS9.I am going to reload FS9 and try and put back together the virtual world I had prior to this mess.I might keep FSX on for ga and helis but the next sim version cannot come fast enough for me.I dont need another high profile individuals blog boasting about how peachy fsx is either.Ok the holiday rant is over.:-)

>I dont need another high profile individuals blog boasting>about how peachy fsx is either.that was uncalled for.