Sign in to follow this  
Guest airhead

Clashing XML gauge componants

Guest mtom

Hi all.Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to stop gauge componants/bit maps from two different gauges clashing when the componants cross each other?I'm trying to develop an over-head XML-based throttle quadant. It has longish throttle levers that hang down over the panel. Below the quadrant are two other instruments - a rpm and manifold pressure gauge.The problem is that when the bottom instruments are active (needles moving) and the throttle levers are brought down over those instruments, the bit maps clash and therefore break up.Is there any way of resolving this problem?Any help would be appreciated.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest airhead

Greetings Matthew,You may want to try something similar to the following in the panel.cfg file for your panel window...-------------------------------[Window00]file=8KCAB_Panel.bmp size_mm=1024,768position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELgauge00=aca_8kcab!Icon Kneeboard, 193,752,15,15gauge01=aca_8kcab!Icon GPS, 212,752,15,15......gauge08=aca_8kcab!Radio Divider, 775,611,3,22gauge09=aca_8kcab!COM1 Digital Radio, 683,613,90,14gauge10=aca_8kcab!NAV1 Digital Radio, 779,613,90,14draw_order00=gauge09, gauge08draw_order01=gauge10, gauge08-------------------------------Note the draw_orderXX lines at the end of the panel window definition. These lines specify the order in which the individual gauges are drawn relative to each other. This assumes that your throttle quad gauge(s) and the other offending gauges are part of the same panel window, not located on different windows. Hope this helps you out.

Matthew,As Dave says, the "draw_order" lines may solve your problem.This especially works (usually) for all-xml gauges in a panel window; however, when you mix .xml and .gau gauges in one window, I have yet to find a solution that works always.The only "fool-proof" way is simply to avoid overlapping gauges....Cheers, Rob

Guest mtom

Yeehar, that works a treat! Thought I was stuffed on that one. Many thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it.Cheers,Matthew.

Do you get the same effect by the way the gauges are ordered in the list? That is, if a gauge is listed further down the list, having a higher number, will this show over the top of another gauge?Nick.

Guest airhead

Greetings Nick,Unfortunately, I don't think the order in which the gauges are listed in the panel window has any effect on their display, with possible exception to FS's initial generation of the panel upon loading. Not really sure about the latter, but I think I did some tests a while ago in regards to the listing order and didn't get any favorable or definitive results.