Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Engine start spool-up times

Some time ago, I found a post here telling how I could fix jet engine startup spool-up times so that they'd start realistically rather than the classic FS instant-start-to-90%-then-idle engine start.....I followed it to the best of my ability, and did get a fairly decent engine start time, with the curve in 1505 still giving me decent spool-up times from idle thrust to full thrust....However, fuel usage increased, and from my best guess, the aircraft's range dropped by as much as one third.....Unfortunately, I've since restored my backup of the original .air and .cfg files so that I could get the proper aircraft performance back despite the unrealistic start, so I can't post the numbers I was using....The aircraft I was using is the Dreamfleet 727-200 Super27...Would anyone have any of the Dreamfleet 727's startup spool times fixed and could please post the numbers that I could use as a guideline? :)(Edit to subscribe to topic, forgot to do it 1st time... :()

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I am also interested for my good old CRJ. I have recently purchased the excellent CRJ200 sound set from TSS, and the engine startup time is not consistent with the sound, which is more realistic.If someone can help me in increasing the engine startup time without impacting the aircraft performance, it would really help !!Eric

This is something I've played with a lot and have had various success/failure. The strongest control you have over the startup time in FS9 is the aircraft.cfg file lowering:[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gainGet this too low and you'll get throttle AT yoyo from the engine responding too slowly. By setting the flow low, and setting the last few portions of the engine inertia on the far right of 1505 high, you can preserve the more rapid engine response needed at high RPMs. You should not have had cruise range problems (which has not been my experience.) The only thing that occurs to me is the right portion of the curve was set too low and the engines never spooled up to full power so fuel sent to them was wasted. Typically the end of the curve is 101 or more in airliners. I've used settings as high as 115.And cfg factor to keep track of is the throttle rate in the [autopilot] section. This needs to be tuned to the fuel low rate so the throttle doesn't yoyo (which is also what you get when the inertia curve in 1505 is too low.)-Pv-