Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

Hi folk. Look this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjbo4M8HVNY&fmt=18This is a dynamical adaptive lighting effect for FSX. Tis addon turn on post process engine on your videocard for calculate effects in realtime. I tune this addon and make adaptive effect. Visit this site http://www.boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html for more information about this addon.Download work version here:http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/EMBserie_for_MSFS.rarInstall in readme in archive. For more information visit site :http://www.boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html

It's hard to tell, but I think this effect is also commonly referred to as high dynamic range. It simulates the way the human eye adjusts to lighting conditions. Details in the shadows are obscured in direct bright light

Very impressive and very promising work!Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Very interesting! How does it work at night? Do you have any videos of night time?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is something I was using in fs9, and the effect is quite good when tuned up in the ini. The dll also does a good job at color correction and really cleans up the muddy view of fs9 and fsx.It does cost frames though, but not near as much as the fsx built in bloom system. My mid range pc drops about 15 frames when this is on, less in fs9.

What resolution do you use in fsx? What video card are you running?I'll DL this dll that you have in your post above, mine is about a year old, perhaps the dll has been improved.

Glorious!This version does indeed perform better than the older one I had. Looks fantastic and doesn't cost more than a single frame.I have noticed though, my frames will seem to drop for no reason until I Alt-Enter to window mode and back. Once I do that, they shoot back to normal. Other than that, it's staying in the directory as a welcomed change.Thanks for the heads up!

What resolution do you use in fsx? What video card are you running?I'll DL this dll that you have in your post above, mine is about a year old, perhaps the dll has been improved.
I use 1024x768 res. on GF9800GT (1gbRAM) videocard. I use last version 0.75. I dont know when it created...

Guest KTH090

Great..! Now my fsx seems to have real day-light, and soft bloom effect without frame dropping!My .ini setting is

BloomPowerNight=12BloomConstantNight=5BloomScreenLevelNight=95
Thanks a lot :(

Guest srathe

this really is a cool addition. The effect is subtle, but noticeable and impressive. hard to put a finger on it exactly: adds some grit, some art, some realism, something. I haven't messed with the ini settings at all, just using it as it was when I downloaded it. maybe I'll try the settings posted above, too. thanks!

Womderful little tool. The original post should become a sticky, this is adding so much atmosphere to the game...

This addon is INCREDIBLE! THANK YOU SO MUCHIn fact I will go as far to say that this addon is the best "visual art" addition to FSX to date. The next big thing is that camera add on you see floating around this forum, not released yet but looks very promising.I can't wait to see if we'll have a bunch of different config file postings with sample screenshots attached. This is a very powerful yet effective little tool! Let's start expermenting..

Wow...! I just gave it a try but it really does something with FSX! It's becoming next-gen! Even the colors seem to get more real. And somehow there is more depth in the game with this light changing around you. It certainly gives more life to FSX! Here are some shots I made to show what it does. I don't have a frameratecounter on in FSX but it seems it doesn't cost me any fps. Effect off:2ez4cb8.jpgEffect on (everything becomes a bit more lighter, see the effect in the sky!):16gmlw4.jpgAnd now looking into the sky, effect off:24o35uw.jpgEffect on: everything becomes darker, just as in real life!25p1y69.jpgDid some more fliying: it's stunning! Specially with a plane like the Decathlon, where you've got a wide open view out front: when you look aside you really see the lighting change! And the bloom is nice too, without an fps penalty! Makes you wonder what else is possible with FSX...!This addons seems to solve one of my biggest problems with FSX: I never ever had the idea there was real light, that the sun was shining. Everything always looked a bit dull or lifeless or flat, no matter how beautiful everything looks with various addons. But now there IS light in FSX! (Clouds with shadows would help a lot too btw!) Great find, Marniftarr! :(