Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmond

Flight plans

Guest tmond

Does anybody know if the new prop will eccept plans from above topic?Tim Diamond,Canada

Technically its possible, but its undocumented.It was a feature I had included during Beta (loading the current FSPlanner flight plan into the J41 FMS) , but I then removed it because of some confusion as to its functionality and some other issues.But since SP1 I believe those issues are resolved now, it might be worth trying now. Although we never put the feature back on the menu by default,I left a back door to the feature via a undocumented .cfg file option in case it became possible to use in the future.1 - Go to your FSX.../PMDG/JS4100 folder.2 - Create a new text file named 'JS4100_FMS.cfg'3 - Add this line to the file... ShowAtcRteLabel=1//---------------------------------------------------------------------4 - Save the .cfg file , and Restart the J41.5 - Load your Copilot route into the FSPlanner (or generate a new route with the FSPlanner).6 - After starting the FMS Press the 'FPL' button to display the Flight Plans List page.7 - Click on the LSK next to the any stored flight plan listed and select it.8 - The Flight Plan List page will display, and you will see a new label called 'ATC RTE'9 - Click on the LSK next to that label (R4), and it will load and display the current active FSPlanner route in the FMS. (If no route is active in the FSPlanner, the flight plan will just clear).10 - Then select the flight plan like any other stored flight plan (Select LSK, press Enter).One caveat this must be done after you've loaded the plan into FSPlanner, and 'before' you turn on Nav mode in the J41. Once in Nav mode this featurewill no longer work, until you again load a new flight plan into the FSPlanner.Try it out, let us know how it works out.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest tmond
Technically its possible, but its undocumented.It was a feature I had included during Beta (loading the current FSPlanner flight plan into the J41 FMS) , but I then removed it because of some confusion as to its functionality and some other issues.But since SP1 I believe those issues are resolved now, it might be worth trying now. Although we never put the feature back on the menu by default,I left a back door to the feature via a undocumented .cfg file option in case it became possible to use in the future.1 - Go to your FSX.../PMDG/JS4100 folder.2 - Create a new text file named 'JS4100_FMS.cfg'3 - Add this line to the file... ShowAtcRteLabel=1//---------------------------------------------------------------------4 - Save the .cfg file , and Restart the J41.5 - Load your Copilot route into the FSPlanner (or generate a new route with the FSPlanner).6 - After starting the FMS Press the 'FPL' button to display the Flight Plans List page.7 - Click on the LSK next to the any stored flight plan listed and select it.8 - The Flight Plan List page will display, and you will see a new label called 'ATC RTE'9 - Click on the LSK next to that label (R4), and it will load and display the current active FSPlanner route in the FMS. (If no route is active in the FSPlanner, the flight plan will just clear).10 - Then select the flight plan like any other stored flight plan (Select LSK, press Enter).One caveat this must be done after you've loaded the plan into FSPlanner, and 'before' you turn on Nav mode in the J41. Once in Nav mode this featurewill no longer work, until you again load a new flight plan into the FSPlanner.Try it out, let us know how it works out.Regards.Ernie.
Thanks Kindly ErnieTim